Catherine DE NEVILLE 
- Born: Abt 1452, Raby Castle, Durham, England
- Marriage: Sir Robert III TANFIELD, Iord Bergavenny  in , , England
- Died: Bef 1473, Gayton, Northampton, England
- Buried: Ashby-De-La-Zouch, Leicestershire, England
Other names for Catherine were Catharina, Catharine and NEVIL.
Sources, Comments and Notes:
[Many Potential Problems with the TANFIELDs: ...
William TANFIELD born when a Parent was younger than 15 years old.Verify the dates and make sure this person is a child of the indicated parents.]
Source <Plantagenet ancestry: a study in colonial and medieval families> Par Douglas Richardson,Kimball G. Everingham:
"16. ROBERT TANFIELD. Esq.. of Gayton, Northamptonshire, West Bagborough. Somerset, etc., son and heir.(Robert I]
born about 1462 (aged 22 in 1484). He married (1st) ELIZABETH____. He married (2nd) KATHERINE
NEVILLE, daughter of Edward Neville, Knt., Iord Bergavenny (descendant of King Edward III), by his 2nd wife, Katherine (descendant of King Edward I), daughter of Robert Howard, Knt. ... They had one son, William, Esq. He was heir in 1487 to his uncle, William Tanfield, Esq., of Marston (in Cransley), Northamptonshire. ROBERT TANFIELD, Esq., died shortly before 20 Sept. 1504."
"Edward Nevill, de facto 3rd (de jure 1st) Baron Bergavenny (bef. 1414 - 18 October 1476) was an English pee .
He was the son of Ralph de Neville, 1st Earl of Westmorland and Joan Beaufort, Countess of Westmorland, daughter of John of Gaunt and Katherine de Roet (better known as Katherine Swynford. Nevill was knighted sometime after 1426.
In 1436 he married Lady Elizabeth de Beauchamp...
Shortly after his first wife's death, in the summer or fall of 1448, he married Katherine Howard, daughter of Robert Howard and sister of the 1st Duke of Norfolk, and they had the following children:
Catherine Nevill (b. c. 1452/bef. 1473), married Robert Tanfield (b. 1461), son of Robert Tanfield and Elizabeth Brooke, daughter of Edward Brooke, 6th Baron Cobham and Elizabeth Touchet, born c. 1433, and had children; their son William was ancestor of Thomas Jefferson.
Margaret Nevill (b.bef. 1476-1506), married John Brooke, 7th Baron Cobham
Anne Nevill (b.bef 1476-1480/81) ..."
"... Pedigree of Gilbert. [For further information, see the overview chart of lineal ancestors of King Edward III of England and Philippa of Hainault , or the off-site hyperlinked genealogy of English and other royalty, with some annotations (proper names at or near the top of the following chart are linked to the second of these sources).]
1. Edward III, King of England born 13 Nov. 1312, Windsor, died 21 June 1377, London = Philippa of Hainault born about 1312, Hainault, Belgium, married 24 January 1327, died 14/15 August 1369, Windsor
2. John of Gaunt, born March 1340, mar. 20 Feb. 1397, died 3 Feb. 1398 = Catharine Roet, 3rd wife, born 1350, died 10 May 1403. (Her sister Philippa Roet married |Geoffrey Chaucer, the poet.) They were great-great-grandparents of Henry VII (Tudor)
3. Joan de Beaufort, born ca. 1375 Beaufort, Anjou, died 13 Nov. 1440, Howden, Yorks = Ralph Neville, born 1364 Raby Castle, Durham, died 21 Oct. 1425
4. Edward Neville, born ca. 1412 = Catharine Howard (2nd wife)
5. Catharine Neville, born ca. 1450 = Robert Tanfield
6. William Tanfield, born ca. 1480 = Isabel Stavely
7. Catharine Tanfield = John Gilbert
8. William Gilbert, Vicar of Barton Turf = Ellen Furford
9. Ellen Gilbert, died 10 Jan. 1582 = Nicholas Wright, born ca. 1538, married 18 February 1559, died 1 October 1582."
Catherine married Sir Robert III TANFIELD, Iord Bergavenny  [MRIN: 717], son of Robert TANFIELD II  and Elizabeth BROOKE , in , , England. (Sir Robert III TANFIELD, Iord Bergavenny  was born about 1462 in Gayton, Northampton, England and died before 20 Sep 1504 in Gayton, Northampton, England.)