Matilda LA ZOUCHE 
- Born: 1289-1290, , , England
- Marriage: Sir Robert II DE HOLAND, lst Lord Holland of Upholland and Orrell  in 1311 in , , England
- Died: 31 May 1349, , , England at age 60
- Buried: Brackley, Northampton, England
Other names for Matilda were Maud and LA SUCHE.
Sources, Comments and Notes:
"ALAN la Zouche of Ashby, Leicestershire (North Moulton 9 Oct 1266-before 25 Mar 1314). ... m ELEANOR de Segrave, daughter of NICHOLAS de Segrave & his wife Matilda ---. ... Alan & his wife had four children: ...
ii) MATILDA la Zouche ([1289/90]-31 May 1349, bur Brackley). The Book of Lacock names "Elam, Matildam, Elizabetham, Rogerum de la Souche" as children of "Alanus de la Souch" and his wife. An inquisition held 24 Apr "7 Edw II", after the death of "Alan la Zousche alias la Zuche, la Souche", names "Ellen […the wife of Sir Nicholas de Sancto Mauro] and Maud […the wife of Sir Robert de Holand] his daughters are his next heirs and Maud the younger is aged 24…both aged 26 and more…and a younger daughter Elizabeth aged 20 who has taken the garb of the nuns at Brewode".
m ROBERT de Holand of Upholland, Lancashire, son of Sir ROBERT de Holand & his wife Elizabeth de Samlesbury (-7 Oct 1328, bur [Preston, Lancs, Grey Friars Church]). He was created Lord Holand 29 Jul 1314. Sir Robert & his wife had six children:
1. Sir ROBERT de Holand (1312-Hawes, Brackley 16 Mar 1373, bur Brackley, St James's Chapel). He succeeded his father in 1328 as 2nd Lord Holand.
2. Sir THOMAS de Holand of Broughton, Buckinghamshire (1314-in Normandy 26 or 28 Dec 1360, bur Stamford, Church of the Grey Friars). ...
3. MARGARET de Holand (-20/22 Aug 1349).
4. ALAN de Holand
5. Sir OTHO de Holand (-[1360/61]).
6. MARY de Holand ."
Source <COLONIAL CHESAPEAKE FAMILIES British Origins and Descendants, Volume 2> Par Harrison Dwight Cavanagh:
"... Sir John la Warre, eldest son and heir, predeceased his father and died before 24 June 1331. He was a legatee in the 1323 will of his sister Elizabeth Bacon who bequeathed him a primer. He married Margaret de Holland, daughter of Maude La Zouche, second daughter and coheiress of Sir Alan, Lord Zouche and his wife Eleanor de Segrave, and Sir Robert de Holland, lst Lord Holland of Upholland and Orrell (both in Wigan), Lancastershire (see HOLLAND and ZOUCHE families). Margaret de Holland La Warre died 20 or 22 August 1349 ..."
Matilda married Sir Robert II DE HOLAND, lst Lord Holland of Upholland and Orrell  [MRIN: 1847], son of Sir Robert I DE HOLAND  and Elizabeth DE SAMLESBURY , in 1311 in , , England. (Sir Robert II DE HOLAND, lst Lord Holland of Upholland and Orrell  was born in 1270 in Upholland, Lancashire, England, died on 7 Oct 1328 in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, England and was buried in Greyfriars Church, Preston, Lancashire, England.)