Joyce LA ZOUCHE 
- Born: , , England
- Marriage: Sir John I BOTETOURT, Knt., 2nd Lord Botetourt, Lord of Weley  before 31 May 1347 in , , England
- Died: After 4 May 1372, , , England
"WILLIAM de Mortimer, son of ROBERT de Mortimer of Richard's Castle, Herefordshire & his wife Joyce la Zouche (-28 Feb 1337, bur Tewkesbury Abbey). He adopted the name La Zouche. He was summoned to Parliament in 1323 whereby he is held to have become Lord Zouche.
m firstly ([26 Oct 1315/25 Feb 1317]) as her third husband, ALICE de Tosny, widow firstly of THOMAS de Leyburn, and secondly of GUY de Beauchamp Earl of Warwick, daughter of RAOUL [VII] de Tosny & his wife Mary --- ([1282/85]-[7 Nov 1324/8 Jan 1325]).
m secondly ([Jan 1329]) as her second husband, ELEANOR de Clare, widow of HUGH le Despencer Lord Despencer, daughter of GILBERT de Clare Earl of Gloucester & his second wife Joan of England (-30 Jun 1337). The Chronica de Fundatoribus et Fundatione of Tewkesbury Abbey names "Elianoram, Elizabetham, et Margaretam" as the three daughters of "Gilbertus secundus" and his wife "Johanna de Acres, filia regis Edwardi primi", adding that Eleanor married "Hugoni le Despenser, filio domini Hugonis le Despenser comitis Wintoniĉ". The Chronica de Fundatoribus et Fundatione of Tewkesbury Abbey records that "Eleonora uxor eiusdem" (referring to "Hugo secundus, camerarius Regis Edwardi de Karnarvan et maritus dominĉ Elianorĉ de Clare") died "II Kal Jul 1337", and also refers to her second marriage to "domino Willielmo le Sowch" by whom she was mother of "Hugonem Souch".
William & his first wife had children:
1. ALAN la Zouche (1317-12 Nov 1346). Lord Zouche. m (before 1338) as her first husband, ELEANOR, daughter of --- (-6 Mar 1360). She married secondly (before 3 May 1354) as his first wife, Sir Nicholas Dammory. Alan & his wife had one child:
a) HUGH la Zouche (29 Sep 1338-11 Jul 1399). Lord Zouche. m firstly PHILIPPA, daughter of --- (-2 Jan 1275). m secondly (settlement 14 Sep 1391) as her first husband, JOAN Bramshott, daughter of JOHN Bramshott of Gatcombe, Isle of Wight & his wife Elizabeth de Lisle (-[8 Jun/17 Jul] 1439). She married secondly (before 24 May 1400) as his --- wife, John Pelham of Laughton, Sussex.
2. JOYCE la Zouche (-after 4 May 1372). m as his second wife, JOHN Botetourt Lord Botetourt, son of THOMAS Botetourt & his wife Joan de Somery ([1317/18]-1385, bur Halesowen).
John & his second wife had five children:
3. JOHN Botetourt (-1369). m MAUD de Grey, daughter of JOHN de Grey Lord Grey of Rotherfield & his wife Maud de Burghersh. John & his wife had two children:
a) JOHN Botetourt (-young).
b) JOYCE Botetourt (-1 Jan 1407, bur Hales Abbey, Shropshire). m (1386 before 22 May) as his second wife, HUGH Burnell Lord Burnell, son of NICHOLAS Burnell, formerly Haudlo, & his wife Maud Burnell (-27 Nov 1420, bur Hales Abbey, Shropshire). No children.
4. MATILDA Botetourt. ...
5. AGNES Botetourt. ...
6. ALICE Botetourt . m JOHN Kyriel of Eynsford, Kent, son of ---.
7. CATHERINE Botetourt . m MAURICE Berkeley of Stoke Gifford, Gloucestershire, son of --- (-1361)."
Joyce married someone Sir John I BOTETOURT, Knt., 2nd Lord Botetourt, Lord of Weley  [MRIN: 3049], son of Sir Thomas BOTETOURT, Knt., of Upton  and Joan DE SOMERY , before 31 May 1347 in , , England. (Sir John I BOTETOURT, Knt., 2nd Lord Botetourt, Lord of Weley  was born in 1318 in , , England, died in 1385 in , , England and was buried in Halesowen Abbey, Shropshire, England.)